11 October 2017

11 Outubro 1987

We went to Barra Bonita.  Guta, Carlos, Cris & I rode a boat that went through a canal.  It was interesting - I'd never done anything like that before.  I'm not sure I was even aware that there were canals anywhere but in Panama.

Nós fomos para a Barra Bonita. Guta, Carlos, Cris e eu montamos um barco que atravessava um canal. Era interessante - nunca tinha feito nada assim antes. Não tenho a certeza de estar ciente de que havia canais em qualquer lugar fora do Panamá.

It was a relaxing day - nothing like the day 24 years in the future when I will give birth to my third child.  We will name him Michael because my husband will think it is one of the few names that goes well with our last name.  He wanted to name the child John but that was too plain for me.  Later I will recognize, and often reflect on the coincidence, that between Guta, Nilvinha and I we have named our children after the three archangels (Raphael, Gabriel and Michael).  I like that connection even though it was accidental.

Foi um dia repousante - nada como o dia 18 anos no futuro quando meu terceiro filho nascerá. Vamos nomeá-lo Michael porque meu marido vai pensar que é um dos poucos nomes que vai bem com nosso sobrenome. Ele queria nomear o filho John, mas isso era muito simples para mim. Hoje eu reconheço, e muitas vezes refleto sobre a coincidência, que entre Guta, Nilvinha e eu chamamos nossos filhos depois dos três arcanjos (Raphael, Gabriel e Michael). Eu gosto dessa conexão mesmo que fosse acidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment