03 October 2017

3 Outubro 1987

Suzi, Ana, Cida, Paula and I all went to Paula's house in Piraju.  We also took Suzi's 6 year old sister Graziele.  30 years ago it seemed odd to me that we took her along.  30 years later I remember the trip but I don't remember Gra being there.

Suzi, Ana, Cita, Paula e eu fomos para a casa de Paula em Piraju. Também levamos a irmã Graziele de 6 anos de Suzi. Há 30 anos, parecia estranho que ela veio conosco. 30 anos depois eu me lembro da viagem, mas não lembro de Gra estar lá.

30 years later the soundtrack for this weekend still remains Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side".  I distinctly remember hearing it one afternoon when we were driving around town.  Sort of ironic because one thing that seemed trendy and popular and hugely unsettling to me was for men to dress like women and perform a song, usually "New York, New York".  It really creeped me out and to this day I can't stand the New York song.

30 anos depois, a música-tema para este fim de semana continua a ser o "Caminho no lado selvagem" de Lou Reed. Lembro-me de ouvir a música uma tarde quando dirigíamos pela cidade. Tipo de ironia porque uma coisa que parecia moderna e popular e extremamente perturbadora para mim era que os homens se vissem como mulheres e interpretem uma música, geralmente "New York, New York". Realmente me assustou e até hoje não aguento a música de Nova York.


No comments:

Post a Comment