31 October 2017

22 Outubro 1987

30 years ago my mom taught me how to knit and I was halfway through making my first sweater.  30 years later I will have only made three sweaters but many hats and blankets and a couple scarves.  I also worked for a while as the manager of the Yarn department at a craft store.  I bought a lot of yarn there with my employee discount and plan to make many heirloom blankets for my future grandchildren.  I love that my daughter can call me up and ask me to make her a scarf for her Halloween costume and I can say, "Sure, no problem."


Há 30 anos, minha mãe me ensinou a tricotar e estava no meio do meu primeiro suéter. 30 anos depois, eu só fiz três suéteres, mas muitos chapéus e cobertores e alguns lenços. Eu também trabalhei por um tempo como gerente do departamento de fios em uma loja de artesanato. Eu comprei muito fio lá com o desconto de meu empregado e planejo fazer muitos cobertores de herança para meus futuros netos. Adoro que minha filha possa me chamar e me pedir para fazer dela um lenço para sua fantasia de Halloween e posso dizer: "Claro, não há problema".

No comments:

Post a Comment