06 July 2018

6 Julho 1988

Everything had been fine until today when the "saudade" really kicked in and I started crying from the strong sense of missing Brazil.  I started accidentally speaking Portuguese when I was intending to speak English.  I was still dreaming in Portuguese.

Tudo estava bem até hoje, quando a "saudade" realmente começou e eu comecei a chorar com a forte sensação de sentir falta do Brasil. Eu comecei acidentalmente falando Português quando eu estava pretendendo falar Inglês. Eu ainda estava sonhando em português.

I had good reunions with everyone in San Antonio.  It was an adjustment to realize that my best friends didn't know my best Brazilian friends and had no point of reference if I wanted to talk about them.

Eu tive boas reuniões com todos em San Antonio. Foi um ajuste perceber que meus melhores amigos não conheciam meus melhores amigos brasileiros e não tinham nenhum ponto de referência se eu quisesse falar sobre eles.

No comments:

Post a Comment