21 August 2017

21 Agosto 1987

We went to the local newspaper office (Journal da Cidade) and had an article written about me going to Brazil and the girl who went from that town to Pleasanton, TX.  30 years later I still think it is funny that the news was actually worthy of an article in the newspaper.  It felt like the wedding announcements I see in the Sunday paper.

Nós fomos ao escritório do jornal local (Journal da Cidade) e eles escreveram um artigo sobre mim indo para o Brasil e a garota daquela cidade que foi para Pleasanton, TX. 30 anos depois, ainda acho engraçado que isso merecia de um artigo no jornal. Parecia os anúncios de casamento que vejo no jornal de domingo.




I got my first experience with Brazilian soccer fans.  My host brother (Wilson) who was only in town for a couple of days, took me to his friend's house where we sat around and drank hot chocolate and watched a soccer game.  I had never seen people take a sport so personally.  Now I know that was just lack of experience probably due to growing up with a single-mom.  Obviously San Antonio Spurs (basketball) and Dallas Cowboy (football) fans take their games personally too.

Minha primeira experiência com fãs de futebol brasileiros. Meu anfitrião irmão (Wilson), que estava na cidade há alguns dias, levou-me à casa de seu amigo, onde bebemos chocolate quente e assistimos a um jogo de futebol. Nunca vi pessoas tão pessoalmente envolvidas em um esporte. Agora eu sei que foi apenas falta de experiência provavelmente devido ao crescimento com uma mãe solteira. Obviamente, os fãs de San Antonio Spurs (basquetebol) e Dallas Cowboy (futebol) se sentem pessoalmente investidos em seus jogos também.

No comments:

Post a Comment