24 August 2017

24 Agosto 1987

Typical meals in Brazil.  Bread, milk and juice for breakfast.  Big lunch.  Lite leftovers for dinner.

Comida típica no Brasil. Pão, leite e suco para o café da manhã. Grande almoço. Um pouco de sobras para o jantar.


My first day of school.  "A girl named Nilvinha requested that I be in [her class].  She is very nice."  I had no idea how important Nilvinha would be in the near future.

Meu primeiro dia de escola. "Uma menina chamada Nilvinha pediu que eu estivesse em [sua aula]. Ela é muito legal." Não sabia o quão importante seria a Nilvinha.




I found school to be very casual.  I also felt like the administration didn't know I was there.  For weeks I never had a school ID - never got counted in attendance.

Eu achei que a escola era muito casual. Eu também senti como se a administração não soubesse que eu estava lá. Durante semanas eu nunca tive uma ID da escola - nunca foi contado no comparecimento.


I went to the Rotary Club (dinner) meeting. 30 years ago I was surprised at how many side conversations occurred while the speaker was talking.  Today I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Fui ao encontro do Rotary Club (jantar). Há 30 anos, fiquei surpresa com a quantidade de conversas laterais ocorridas enquanto o falante falava. Hoje ficaria surpresa se não o fizesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment