27 November 2017

27 Novembro 1987

We had an end of the year party for Suzi and her friends.  It seemed like it would be the last party since they are all graduating.  It went from 8:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. with about 108 liters of beer. 

Tivemos uma festa final de ano para Suzi e seus amigos. Parecia que seria a última festa, já que todos estavam se formando. Foi das 8:30 da tarde. às 6:30 da manhã com cerca de 108 litros de cerveja.

All day long when the guys would come by the house they'd tell me I was going to get thrown in the pool.  And sure enough, I did, Converse shoes and all.  Of course I wasn't the only one they threw in but it kinda meant a lot to me.  Mom Araujo always used to tell her kids not to joke around with me because I wouldn't understand, so it was nice that the guys liked me enough to include me in the group and joke around with me like they normally do with other people. 

Durante todo o dia, quando os caras viriam pela casa, eles me disseram que eu iria ser jogado na piscina. E com certeza, eu estava, sapatos Converse e tudo mais. Claro que não fui a única que jogaram, mas isso significou muito para mim. Mamãe Araujo sempre costumava dizer a seus filhos para não brincarem comigo porque eu não entendi, então foi bom que os caras gostassem de mim o suficiente para me incluir no grupo e brincar comigo como eles normalmente fazem com outras pessoas.

No comments:

Post a Comment