09 November 2017

9 Novembro 1987

Throughout the year I would watch several movies.  Some were in English with Portuguese sub-titles.  But some were all in Portuguese.  Some of the movies (like "Somewhere in Time", one of Nilvinha's favorites) I still remember seeing but feel like I didn't get the full story.  Others, like "Gone with the Wind", I feel like I finally understood because I paid close attention for trying to understand all the words.  I've probably only seen both of these movies in full in Portuguese.  Oddly, "Somewhere in Time" just came up in reference in a recent book club discussion.  I still remember being disappointed at the end of "Gone with the Wind" when Rhett said the Portuguese equivalent of, "Frankly Scarlett, I'm leaving."  All my life I'd heard that famous last line as "Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn." and it was quite a let down in its translated form.

Durante o ano eu assistiria vários filmes. Alguns estavam em inglês com subtítulos portugueses. Mas alguns eram todos em português. Alguns dos filmes (como Algum Lugar no Tempo, um dos favoritos de Nilvinha) eu ainda me lembro de ver, mas sinto que não consegui o enredo completo. Outros, como "Gone with the Wind", sinto que finalmente entendi porque prestei muita atenção por tentar entender todas as palavras. Nunca vi esses filmes inteiramente em inglês. Curiosamente, "Algum Lugar no Tempo" apenas surgiu em referência em uma recente discussão do clube de livros. Eu nunca vi o filme fora do Brasil. Eu ainda me lembro de ter ficado desapontada com o fim de "Gone with the Wind" quando Rhett disse que o equivalente português de "Frankly Scarlett, vou embora". Toda a minha vida ouvi essa última linha famosa com linguagem muito forte e foi bastante decepcionado na sua forma traduzida.

No comments:

Post a Comment