22 January 2018

22 Janeiro 1988

I continued to be confused by everything that happened at the party a couple of nights before. 
Eu continue sendo confundida por tudo o que aconteceu na festa algumas noites antes.

Some friends were swimming at our house today.  From outside I heard the doorbell ring but it seemed nobody inside heard it.  I asked Ricardo to yell inside that the campanha (campaign) rang.  Rici said, "The campaign?"  I said, "Yes, the campaign." so Chico looked toward the house and said "The campaign rang."  Then he asked me if I also wanted him to say that the campainha (doorbell) rang.  30 years later - those are the moments that make the best memories.  They are also the words I remember most, without a doubt.  The words that I learned in memorable ways are the words that stick in my memory.

Alguns amigos estavam nadando em nossa casa hoje. Do lado de fora, ouvi a campainha tocar, mas pareceu que ninguém dentro a ouviu. Solicitei a Ricardo que gritasse por dentro que a campanha tocava. Rici disse: "A campanha?" Eu disse: "Sim, a campanha". então Chico olhou para a casa e disse: "A campanha tocou". Então ele me perguntou se eu também queria que ele dissesse que o campainha tocou. 30 anos depois - esses são os momentos que fazem as melhores lembranças. São também as palavras que lembro mais, sem dúvida. As palavras que aprendi de maneiras memoráveis são as palavras que ficam na minha memória.

No comments:

Post a Comment