27 January 2018

27 Janeiro 1988

Summer meant time for card playing and general hanging out.
One night it was canasta with Fabiana, her dad, and Etienne (a family friend).
Another day it was Truco with Walmir, Manira and Chico.
A bunch of us went to a bar called Tasty.  Chico & Walmir told the waiter to bring me something in a can since I was American.  Then the waiter started speaking in English to me.  He'd lived 7 months in Atlanta and said there were a lot of Brazilians there.  30 years ago I thought I'd want to visit Atlanta due to the high concentration of Brazilians.  30 years later I've still never been there.

O verão significava tempo para jogar em cartas e relaxamento geral.
Uma noite foi Canasta com Fabiana, seu pai e Etienne (um amigo da família).
Outro dia foi Truco com Walmir, Manira e Chico.
Um grupo de nós foi para um bar chamado Tasty. Chico e Walmir disseram ao garçom para me trazer algo em uma lata porque eu era americana. Então o garçom começou a falar em inglês para mim. Ele morava há 7 meses em Atlanta e disse que havia muitos brasileiros lá. Há 30 anos, pensei que gostaria de visitar Atlanta devido à alta concentração de brasileiros. 30 anos depois, eu ainda nunca estive lá.

No comments:

Post a Comment