21 February 2018

21 Fevereiro 1988 - later / mais tarde

Manira, Simone & I went to Fernanda's house.  I was talking to Adriana who commented on how well I was talking already.  Fernanda's mom said, "Why, did you have an operation?"
We all almost fell on the floor laughing.

Manira, Simone e eu fomos para a casa de Fernanda. Eu estava conversando com Adriana, que comentou sobre o quão bem eu estava falando já. A mãe de Fernanda disse: "Por que, você teve uma operação?"
Nós quase caímos no chão rindo.

We left to visit Rosana and her new baby then went back to Fernanda's house.
Saímos para visitar Rosana e seu novo bebê, depois voltamos para a casa de Fernanda.

I was talking to a guy who asked how long I'd been there.
Eu estava falando com um cara que perguntou quanto tempo eu estava lá.
I said "six months". / Eu disse "seis meses".
The girl next to him said, "But did you come here just for an operation?"
A menina ao lado dele disse: "Mas você veio aqui apenas para uma operação?"

It's so amazing to be able to laugh in a foreign language!
É tão incrível poder rir em uma língua estrangeira!

No comments:

Post a Comment