13 June 2018

13 Junho 1988

I took a trip to Salvador, in the state of Bahia, all by myself.  It is a very different part of Brazil and I'm so glad I had the confidence and resources to explore it.  In Bahia I learned about cultures and traditions and a history that I had not yet experienced.  In years to come I would recall this knowledge through different movies ("Woman on Top") and music videos (Paul Simon's "Rhythm of the Saints").

Fiz uma viagem a Salvador, no estado da Bahia, sozinha. É uma parte muito diferente do Brasil e estou muito feliz por ter a confiança e os recursos para explorá-lo. Na Bahia, aprendi sobre culturas e tradições e uma história que ainda não havia vivenciado. Nos anos futuros, eu me lembraria desse conhecimento através de diferentes filmes ("Woman on Top") e videoclipes ("Rhythm of the Saints", de Paul Simon).

I had dinner at Solar Unhao with a conglomeration of other travelers:  four people from Arizona who had been living in Sao Paulo for two years, a natural Brazilian and his wife from Germany and four Israelis.  I enjoyed learning about a kibbutz from an Israeli woman - also knowledge that would stick with me for decades.  The restaurant was an old slave house and also provided a show (capoeira I think).

Jantei no Solar Unhao com um conglomerado de outros viajantes: quatro pessoas do Arizona que moravam em São Paulo há dois anos, um brasileiro nascido no Brasil e sua esposa da Alemanha e quatro israelenses. Eu gostei de aprender sobre um kibutz de uma mulher israelense - também conhecimento que permaneceria comigo por décadas. O restaurante era uma antiga casa de escravos e também havia um show (capoeira eu acho).

No comments:

Post a Comment