11 September 2017

11 Setembro 1987

30 years later I'm still surprised that when non-English speakers listened to Dawn and I speak in English, they could hear that I had an accent (being from Texas).  They knew that my English didn't sound like the English they hear in movies.

30 anos mais tarde, eu ainda estou surpresa que, quando os que não falam inglês ouviram Dawn e eu falar em Inglês, eles poderiam ouvir que eu tinha um sotaque (sendo do Texas). Eles sabiam que meu inglês não soava como o inglês que eles ouviram nos filmes.

I was thinking about my friend Scott and noted that he'd arrived at his German exchange-home yesterday.  Direct quote from my journal:  I hope he really likes it, he's such a great guy and he really deserves a great year.  30 years later I still agree but I'm surprised that I was mentally keeping up with things so far away from my new world.

Eu estava pensando sobre o meu amigo Scott e notei que ele chegou à sua casa de câmbio alemão ontem. Citação direta do meu periódico: espero que ele realmente goste, ele é um cara tão grande e ele realmente merece um ótimo ano. 30 anos depois, ainda acordo, mas estou surpresa por estar mentalmente acompanhando as coisas tão longe do meu novo mundo.

No comments:

Post a Comment