25 September 2017

25 Setembro 1987

Mrs. Araujo went to Sao Paulo yesterday and she brought back a wallet for me.  I thought it was a bit random but I really appreciated the gesture and thought it was very nice.  I could see that even though I was a temporary guest she wanted me to feel included.  I kept making comments about how nice this family was and how much I liked being there - hoping that it could turn into a more long-term living arrangement.

A Sra. Araujo foi ontem a São Paulo e ela trouxe uma carteira para mim. Eu pensei que era um pouco inesperado, mas eu realmente apreciei o gesto e pensei que era muito bom. Eu podia ver que, embora eu fosse uma convidada temporária, queria que eu me sinta incluída. Eu continuava fazendo comentários sobre o quão agradável era essa família e quanto eu gostava de estar lá - esperando que ela pudesse se transformar em um acordo de habitação mais longo prazo.

We went to a fashion show in the evening; Nilvinha and Cris were models.  After that we went to a quincanera.  I still had a hard time at parties because it was hard to hear in a foreign language so I was more quiet at parties.  Tio Bela asked me if talking was prohibited in Texas.  What a fun uncle he was - always joking around!

Nós fomos a um desfile de moda à noite; Nilvinha e Cris fizeram parte do show. Depois disso, fomos a uma quincanera. Eu ainda tive dificuldade em festas porque era difícil ouvir em uma língua estrangeira, então fiquei mais quieta nas festas. Tio Bela me perguntou se falar era proibido no Texas. Que tio divertido ele era - sempre brincando!

At least Guta never accused me of being too quiet.  Maybe because she talked all the time so I never had to.  I loved listening to her.  She had so much energy and was fun to be around.  I learned a lot from her because she allowed me to question words and then was so great at explaining them, providing examples, and helping me practice new words.

Pelo menos Guta nunca me acusou de ficar muita quieta. Talvez porque ela falou o tempo todo, então eu nunca conversei muito. Adorei escutá-la. Ela tinha tanta energia e era divertido estar por perto. Aprendi muito com ela, porque ela me permitiu questionar as palavras e então foi tão gentil em explicá-las, fornecer exemplos e me ajudar a praticar novas palavras.

No comments:

Post a Comment