21 September 2017

21 Setembro 1987

I'm at the Araujo's house for the week.  For the reason that my first host-mom was still down south helping her daughter with the new baby and there is nobody else in the home, it would've been inappropriate for me to stay there with just the host-dad.  That and for the reason that since Mr. Araujo would be going on a trip to the U.S. in November I was supposed to help him with his English.

Estou na casa do Araujo durante a semana. Pela razão de que minha primeira mãe hospedeira ainda estava no sul, ajudando a filha com o novo bebê e não havia mais ninguém em casa, teria sido inapropriado para mim ficar com o pai-anfitrião. Isso e pelo motivo de que, como o Sr. Araujo iria em uma viagem aos EUA em novembro, eu deveria ajudá-lo com seu inglês.

From the beginning, I enjoyed my time with this family.  There was no adjustment period.  I felt like they accepted me for who I was.  They never laughed at me when I didn't understand something.  They were patient in explaining things to me.  The best part was having 3 sisters and a brother, all close in age.

Desde o início, gostei do meu tempo com essa família. Não houve período de ajuste. Senti que me aceitaram por quem eu era. Eles nunca riram de mim quando não entendi algo. Eles foram pacientes em explicar coisas para mim. A melhor parte foi ter 3 irmãs e um irmão, todos de idade.

No comments:

Post a Comment