28 May 2018

28 Maio 1988

One thing that I often remember about our time in Miranda, even though it's not recorded in my journal, is Guillherme and Thiago singing "Fio de Cabelo" as I sat with Mae and Tia Vera at the picnic table in the back yard.  They were probably about 12 and 10 years old and singing a country song full of emotion - so adorable and cute!  I have the song on my iPod and often think of my favorite cousins when I hear it.

Uma coisa que muitas vezes me lembro sobre o nosso tempo em Miranda, mesmo que não seja gravado em meu diário, é Guillherme e Thiago cantando "Fio de Cabelo" enquanto eu estava sentado com Mae e Tia Vera na mesa de piquenique no quintal. Eles provavelmente tinham cerca de 12 e 10 anos de idade e cantavam uma música country cheia de emoção - tão adorável e fofa! Eu tenho a música no meu iPod e muitas vezes penso em meus primos favoritos quando ouço.

We drove back from Miranda to Bauru today.  It's a long car ride and in my memory a large part of it was spent listening to Ney's anguish over Cris.  It seems like it was supposed to be a surprise that he came back with us.  I think he was worried that she wouldn't be glad to see him.  30 years later they are still married and have two beautiful daughters so - I yes, it worked out.

Nós viajamos de volta de Miranda para Bauru hoje. É uma longa viagem de carro e, em minha memória, grande parte dela foi passada ouvindo a angústia de Ney sobre Cris. Parece que deveria ser uma surpresa que ele tenha voltado com a gente. Eu acho que ele estava preocupado que ela não ficaria feliz em vê-lo. 30 anos depois eles ainda são casados e têm duas lindas filhas, então - sim, tudo deu certo.

When we got back I called the Quevedo's (where I was currently assigned to live) until midnight and they never answered the phone.

Quando voltamos, liguei para o Quevedo (onde eu estava atualmente designado para morar) até a meia-noite e eles nunca atenderam o telefone.

No comments:

Post a Comment