02 December 2017

2 Dezembro 1987

I found it interesting that even when Brazilians are capable of making foreign sounds they brazilianize so many names.  Like Robby from Menudo, they called him Hobby.  Port-au-Prince, Haiti (which, obviously in English we've maintained the French), they call Porto Principie.

Achei interessante que, mesmo quando os brasileiros sejam capazes de produzir sons estrangeiros, eles brasileiam tantos nomes. Como Robby de Menudo, eles o chamaram de Hobby. Port-au-Prince, Haiti (que, obviamente, em inglês mantivemos os franceses), eles chamam o Porto Principie.

I found it funny that since soap operas only last nine months, if a character is pregnant she is three months pregnant one day, goes out of town for a couple of episodes, and comes back with a nine month old baby.

Achei engraçado que, como as novelas apenas duraram nove meses, se um personagem está grávida ela está grávida de três meses um dia, sai da cidade por um par de episódios e volta com um bebê de nove meses de idade.

30 years later I find it funny that I was trying to flirt in Portuguese and I thought I was being successful.  With more maturity I have a hard time believing that I've ever been successful at flirting.

30 anos depois, acho divertido que eu estivesse tentando flertar em português e pensei que estava tendo sucesso. Com mais maturidade, tenho dificuldade em acreditar que jámais tive sucesso em participar de um flerte.

No comments:

Post a Comment