04 December 2017

4 Dezembro 1987

Manira got mad at me because I wouldn't go to a cocktail party and kids fashion show with her.  I took it really personally.  I felt like I'd finally got the talking / not being too quiet thing under control and now she was complaining that I didn't go out enough and meet people.  Coming from her, who had been an exchange student, it felt like a critique from an authority figure.  30 years later I can assume she just didn't want to go alone and was trying to guilt trip me.

Manira ficou com raiva de mim porque eu não iria a uma festa de cocktail e desfile de moda infantil com ela. Eu tomei isso pessoalmente. Eu senti como se tivesse finalmente a falar e não ser acusada de ser muita quieta e agora ela estava reclamando que eu não sair suficiente e conhecer pessoas. Como foi ela que falou, que tinha sido uma estudante de intercâmbio, sentiu como uma crítica de uma figura de autoridade. 30 anos depois eu posso assumir que ela simplesmente não queria ir sozinha e tentava me convencer por metodos de jogar com meus sentimentos.

I just really didn't feel like getting all dressed up.  Instead I stayed home with Suzi and Chico and Simone came over and we watched The Breakfast Club.  (the Club of the Five).

Eu realmente não senti vontade de ficar todo vestido. Em vez disso, fiquei em casa com Suzi e Chico e Simone vieram e vimos The Breakfast Club. (o clube dos cinco).

No comments:

Post a Comment