24 December 2017

24 Dezembro 1987

I liked watching my little sister Graziele.  It was so interesting to me the phases she would go through.  Like wearing winter dresses in the summer.  Or pretending she doesn't hear a word you say while she's watching TV.

Gostei de ver minha irmãzinha Graziele. Era tão interessante para mim as fases que ela passaria. Como usar vestidos de inverno no verão. Ou fingindo que não ouvi uma palavra que você diz enquanto ela está assistindo TV.

I was bracing myself for a tough Christmas feeling far from home.  I heard from other exchange student friends that they were also feeling homesick.  Apparently KJ told me that Georgie was also feeling homesick.  30 years later I had totally forgotten that KJ had hosted an exchange student in her home.

Eu estava me preparando para um Natal difícil longe de casa. Ouvi de outros amigos estudantes de intercâmbio que eles também estavam se sentindo com saudades de casa. Aparentemente, o KJ me contou que Georgie também estava com saudades de casa. 30 anos depois eu tinha esquecido totalmente que KJ tinha hospedada um estudante de intercâmbio em sua casa.

No comments:

Post a Comment